I haven’t updated my blog in FOREVER and for that I am truly sorry. Life has become so hectic – I have my paws in so many baskets these days that it’s hard to keep track of everything, and unfortunately my writing and my online life has suffered.
I wanted to at least give my faithful blog readers something to read before the craziness that is Christmas engulfs me completely, and when I saw the lovely Kate Gordon’s blog post about her top 20 YA novels of the year, I thought, “now there’s a blog post I can do quite easily.”
Trying to think of all the fabulous YA novels I’ve read this year, though, is considerably more difficult than first thought (and I cut it to 15). So I’m sure I’ve forgotten some, as this year has been such a whirlwind I hardly remember what I ate for dinner last night, little own what I read in March that gave me the chills (the good kind).
So, in no particular order…
1. Torment by Lauren Kate.
2. Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James.
3. Girl Saves Boy by Steph Bowe.
4. Big River Little Fish by Belinda Jeffrey.
5. Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl. *
6. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick.
7. Halo by Alexandra Adornetto.
8. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.
9. Elixir by Hilary Duff.
10. Willow by Julia Hoban.
11. Stolen by Lucy Christopher.
12. Alone: Chasers by James Phelan.
13. This Is Shyness by Leanna Hall.
14. Splendor by Anna Godbersen.
15. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater.
*Technically I haven’t read this book yet, as it’s due out soon, but I enjoyed the first novel in the series so much that I’m sure it’ll make my top 15. Positive.
What are your top YA reads of the year?