Current Status: Contemplative
Food Consumed: Cadbury Crunchie
On The iPod: Road Regrets; Dan Mangan
Word Count: N/A
It’s been a while. Like, a heck of a long while. A month? I’ve lost count. Which means I must have been super-busy to have neglected this blog for so long, right? Wrong.
Here’s what I’ve been up to (in compressed form) since my last post:
– I’m furiously editing my first completed manuscript. So furiously, in fact, that I’ve decided to scrap my third-person format and re-write the entire novel in first-person. Whether this is a genius move or edit-induced stupidity, I’ve yet to find out.
– I have a half-finished writing room. Over the last few weeks I’ve stripped the room down (a spare bedroom that we hardly ever used, so I claimed it as my own), sanded and cleaned the walls, puttied up the impurities, cussed a number of times when the putty wouldn’t stick to old putty, undercoated (twice!) and then finally painted the walls a nice, soothing, Tuscan yellow. Or half the walls. I haven’t quite finished yet. But I’m working on it, and as soon as I’m done, I’ll post the pictures here.
– The trip to New Zealand looms on the horizon. The holiday planning has been both stressful and exciting. Now that all the flights are booked, and the campervan is booked, there’s not a lot more I can do until we’re ready to leave or until we actually get into the country. Except bounce excitedly on the spot.
– Connecting. Networking. I’ve been a busy ant participating in literary chats on Twitter and joining blogging groups and finding crit partners so that I can finally get some feedback on my manuscript from other eyes that do not belong to me or my relatives. I’ve also been lining up crit work of my own, so that I can get a handle on giving concrit back to my writing peers, and finding those secrets that will make the editing process seem much less daunting (right now I’m scared shitless, and not in a good way. Is there ever a good way?)
– I was given the opportunity to be a guest blogger on YA author Steph Bowe’s wonderful blog Hey! Teenager of the Year. I’ve finished my post and it will appear on Steph’s blog in early March as part of her ‘Young Adult Guest Blogging Tour.’ It was such a pleasure to write and I’m so thrilled to be considered as a guest blogger.
Wow. I guess you could say I have been busy when you look at it all spread out like that. And it’s only the second month of the year. Here’s to many more busy months – and many more (regular!) blog posts from me.
– the writing ant.