What a great thing to wake up to this morning! Queensland wraps up the origin series in a nice little Maroon bow and I get a blogger award – my first ever! And the sun is out, too – this is going to be a beautiful day!
Thanks go to my awesome CP, LOVE MISS ALI, for passing on The Versatile Blogger Award to me – thank you, sweetie! Also thanks to all you guys who stop by here from time to time to check on my blog. I may only have a small audience but that just means I can love you all better, so thanks.
Now, there are a few rules to this award thingy, so I’ll get the housekeeping out of the way, shall I?
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award: done!
2. Share seven things about yourself: see below!
3. Pass this award along to fifteen bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason: see below!
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award: in the process! done!
Seven Things About Me (as per the rules):
1. If I could live anywhere in the world it would be Lake Taupo, NZ. I visited there this year and it truly is the most glorious, beautiful place in the world! Alternatively, if Taupo never happens for me I would also settle with Cradle Country, Tasmania.
2. I am addicted to many things: iTunes, Tupperware, Twitter (in fact, social media in general!), vintage clothing (and shopping in general), hiking, fishing, kayaking, bookshops, and of course, writing.
3. I have always said that I would never give up my day job if I won the lotto, and I’m sticking by it (not that I love my day job, I’m just a tight ass!)
4. Writing is the only thing I keep coming back to, no matter how many times I give it up (through sheer frustration and self-doubt). And I vow that this time, my love for writing is for keeps. x
5. Like most writers I am nocturnal. I do my best writing at night.
6. I am an animal person. I have two dogs and two cats, and if the local council would allow me to have more of the former, I would.
7. The way to my heart? Send me a book and I’ll love you forever! (Well, maybe not forever, but I do love books). But, if you don’t have a book handy, vanilla slices with the passionfruit icing and homemade apple pie work just as well.
Now for the Blogs!
This was hard for me, as I don’t think I even follow 15 blogs (okay, maybe I do, but in order to give out this award I feel I need to follow them consistently, so I kinda just picked a few of my favourites who I think do the blogosphere most proud). Ok, here goes… in no particular order:
Karen @ Karen Tyrrell
Steph @ Hey! Teenager of the Year
Karen @ Karen Collum
Lynn @ Zenquill
Kathy @ Kathy Charles
Thank you again to LOVE MISS ALI for passing on this award to me – if you hadn’t already just received one I would have been re-passing this on to you, my dear. xx Mwah!